Terms & Conditions
- Challenge Sport & Education reserve the right to exclude or refuse any participant at any time prior to or during any course.
- All participants are covered by the company insurance policy. Activities undertaken at other sporting venues will also be covered by the relevant organisation. Challenge Sport & Education does not accept liability for personal injury howsoever caused, nor for loss or damage to any property belonging to or traveling with a participant. Challenge Sport & Education does not accept any responsibility for losses or additional expense incurred due to sickness, weather or any other cause.
- Challenge Sport & Education reserve the right to cancel or change the date of any course. In the case of cancellation of a course, Challenge Sport & Education will refund the full amount but will not be liable for any further compensation.
- Once a booking has been made, should you wish to cancel before the start of the course you can do so with a full refund before the start of the course. Once the course has started, should you wish for a refund on remaining sessions (on block bookings), refunds will be made via credit that can be used on future courses.
- On certain courses Challenge Sport & Education do operate an ‘on the day’ service however if upon arrival we are full then you may be turned away.
- A booking at Challenge Sport & Education is deemed secure when the payment in full has been received.
- Participants who cannot attend through injury, illness or for any other reason and have not notified us in advance will not be entitled to any refund or form of compensation. By notifying us you may be given credit for future courses.
- The participants’ parent(s)/guardian(s) consent to the use of any photos taken of their child, for the promotion of Challenge Sport & Education.
- Challenge Sport & Education’s activities programme may be subject to change for reasons of safety, unsuitable weather conditions, or situations beyond Challenge Sport & Education’s control.
- When attending course, it is automatically assumed that consent is given for children to participate in their own film-making activities. Parents not wishing their children to participate in the filming must make this known when booking, or children themselves not wishing to participate can inform the course manager/course staff whilst at course. All films are destroyed at the end of the season. It is also assumed that parents have given their consent to watch films during the supervised part of the day before, for 30 minutes following 30 minutes lunch time in the dining hall and at the end of each day outside of the sports course programme. ‘U’ rated or selected ‘PG’ rated films will be shown. Should a parent or guardian miss the end of week ceremony, there are no arrangements for a copy to be made or distributed.
- Challenge Sport & Education seeks to reduce the potential risk of images appearing on DVDs being used inappropriately. Copying and distribution of DVDs will be made only to participants booked into the Challenge Sport & Education Plus courses where stated in the brochure. When such a booking is made it is accepted that consent is given for your child(ren) to appear in the film and to be filmed. Challenge Sport & Education will destroy the film footage after the copying process, and parents, guardians or the child(ren) must use the film for personal use only. According to the Data Protection Act 1998, an individual’s image is considered to be personal data and must be accorded the same protection as any other personal data under this Act. While images intended for personal use are not subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act, should the contents from the DVD be posted on the Internet then the images are no longer considered to be personal, and subject to the Act.
- Medication required during a visit to Challenge Sport & Education should be handed in on arrival to the course manager, together with details of the dosage required and the method for administration.
- First aid will be applied by staff at Challenge Sport & Education on site, however staff may be supported by fully trained personnel at external venues in the case of emergencies.
- Please ensure any changes of address or contact details that occur after a booking has been made are made known on arrival at course.
- It is important that children are collected promptly. Failure to collect your child within 15 minutes of the finish time and contact will be made with the parent or guardian. Repeat cases may be reported to the relevant authorities.
Behaviour Policy & Action Management
Challenge Sport & Education aims to provide a safe environment for children and staff to fulfill their personal potential, and in which the dignity of all individuals is respected. Swearing, bullying, aggressive, violent & verbal abuse and damage to property is not acceptable behaviour. Children must listen and follow instruction from all Challenge Sport & Education staff. No child must endanger the safety of another or compromise the safety of others by distracting behaviour. Please make any potential behavioural issues known to staff when making a booking. Minor infringements will be dealt with by staff and reported to the Course Manager. The Course Manager will deal with serious infringements, and where appropriate, the parent or guardian will be asked to remove their child from course. All infringements are reported to the General Manager. Challenge Sport & Education’s Anti-Bullying Policies and Bully posters are available and on display at course.
Complaints or concerns
Should a complaint or concern arise, make this situation known to the Course Manager. Should a situation not be satisfactorily resolved, for further discussion please contact the General Manager on 0844 693 2220. If a complaint has not been satisfactorily resolved by Challenge Sport & Education, contact can be made with OFSTED
Challenge Sport & Education’s Child Protection Officer
Challenge Sport & Education’s Director 0844 693 2220
Privacy & Refund Policy
Privacy and Security: Challenge Sport & Education Sports Academy Ltd will need to collect vital information to complete a booking for its children’s holiday sports courses. No information given to Challenge Sport & Education is given to any other company or third party unless specifically notified. Challenge Sport & Education accepts that some people may feel uncertain about paying for their bookings via merchant services over the internet. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, Challenge Sport & Education has a legal duty to protect any personal information it collects from you and this extends to your credit or debit card details. Challenge Sport & Education is registered with the Information Commissioner. Challenge Sport & Education’s registration number for the Information Commissioner is Z8466847. As card security is a high priority, Challenge Sport & Education will ensure that all payments will be processed efficiently and payment information collected treated confidentially and securely without unauthorised access. Challenge Sport & Education uses PayPal as a secure payment system for its merchant services, for bookings on line and via the telephone. Challenge Sport & Education will not use the recipient’s email address for any other purpose than to send copies of booking confirmation and occasional updates about its service.
A secure site can be identified by the padlock icon at the top right-hand address of the address bar at the top of the browser window. No access to information provided on the secure site about the debit or credit card details provided is available to Challenge Sport & Education or any of its employees. At the end of the payment process on the secure site, a message will be displayed confirming that payment has been authorised. Transactional information via the telephone payments will be processed immediately on line. All debit and credit card details will only be retained for the purposes of completing the transaction, and will not be kept on record. Every transaction will require a separate entry using the card details given at the time.